The first content update for Against the Storm is live!
- Cursed Royal Woodlands biome (revamped)
- New perks
- New decorations
- New deeds
- And more!
Watch the trailer and read the full changelog below.
If you enjoyed the trailer, give it a thumbs up!
Enter the Cursed Royal Woodlands, which were improved both visually and gameplay-wise since their last appearance in the Demo. Play in this spooky biome to unlock new themed decorations and make sure to test out the new perks while you’re at it!
This update also includes numerous fixes and improvements based on your feedback from the last two weeks. We once again thank you for the warm reception and your dedication to reporting bugs and feature requests. We addressed some of the most important issues in this update (like the blueprint RNG, Glade Event balance, perk issues, etc.), with many more improvements still to come in the future.
New features and content
- The Cursed Royal Woodlands biome is back! Now with improved visuals and gameplay, all the more spooky! The Cursed Royal Woodlands can spawn once you reach the Phase of the Slickshell, and are marked by a blue-ish aura on the World Map (it will start appearing once you start a new Cycle after updating the game).
- Added 8 completely new perks inspired by the Community Brainstorm.
- Black Market – Gain additional Trade Routes, but Impatience grows faster [Inspired by Triggert].
- Ritual of prosperity – Newly discovered resource nodes have more charges but each time you uncover a glade some villagers die [Inspired by AarkLight and Epidj].
- Hidden from the Queen – Impatience doesn’t grow when villagers leave or die [Inspired by AarkLight].
- Crowded Caravan – Each newcomer group has additional villagers.
- Uncontrolled growth – Newly discovered resource nodes have more charges [Inspired by AarkLight and Epidj].
- Lost in the wild – Gain a villager for each discovered Glade.
- Overtime – Bonus to global production speed but villagers have a small chance of dying every 60 seconds.
- Bone Tools – Gain Infused Tools every time a villager leaves or dies.
- Added 4 new Deeds to the Obsidian Archive.
- Added 4 new themed decorations (unlockable through completing the new Deeds).
- Added a Graphics Quality option to the settings.
- Added an Alerts section in the settings window, where you can customize which notifications you want to see during gameplay.
- The first-ever Community Vote is now live in-game! You can check it out in the game’s main menu and help us decide which big feature will be implemented first!
- Increased the base amount of blueprint choices from 2 to 3, and moved the +1 upgrade to be unlocked earlier in the game.
- Tuned the overall blueprint RNG to promote more camps and basic production buildings mid-game.
- The first blueprint reroll now costs 0 Amber, with subsequent rerolls going up by 5 each time.
- Buildings requiring Fertile Soil no longer appear in drafting when playing with the Barren Lands modifier.
- The Drainage Mole now only appears in Forbidden Glades.
- Increased the Drainage Mole’s initial attack time to 180s.
- Fishmen Outpost’s Poisoned Food effect now triggers after 180s and has a lower chance (25%) of killing a villager.
- Trade Route costs have been increased slightly.
- The time between incoming Orders was decreased slightly.
- Decorations now cost a small amount of wood instead of planks.
- Discovering normal Glades now gives 5 Hostility points instead of 10.
- Discovering Dangerous and Forbidden Glades now generates 5 less Hostility.
- The Fading seasonal effect has a lowered chance of killing a villager (from 40% to 30%).
- Increased the overall production cost for Packs of Trade Goods and Packs of Luxury Goods.
- Multiple late-game Orders have been rebalanced to require fewer packs of goods.
- Lowered the number of Amber traders can have.
- Slightly increased the number of experience points gained for a lost game.
- Slightly increased the spawn chance of Reed and Stone deposits in the Scarlet Orchard.
- Trader UI/UX improvements:
- the balance bar now automatically updates when selecting goods.
- added buttons next to the goods slider (+1, +5, -1, -5).
- the goods slider can now be operated with the mouse wheel.
- improved goods slider overall responsiveness.
- Added an alert for Woodcutters’ Camp not having any trees nearby.
- Added an alert when the trader arrives.
- Added an alert when a trade route is terminated.
- Added a notification after the Lighting Catcher destroys a building.
- Changed the color of the Resolve to Reputation threshold indicator from green to blue.
- Added a visual indicator to the cursor when in Destruction Mode.
- Added an indicator on the resource bar when fuel is sacrificed in the Hearth.
- The Order icon no longer flashes after it’s been clicked at least once after getting new Orders.
- Fixed an issue where the “Impossible” difficulty wouldn’t appear on the World Map.
- Fixes an issue where far away tiles were incorrectly ranked as “Normal” difficulty.
- Fixed a bug with incorrectly displayed negative effects from Forest Mysteries (like Hailstorm applying even though houses were built).
- Fixed a bug where some Forest Mysteries with two conditions would apply to species that can only satisfy one of the required needs (like Charged Rain with Lizards).
- Fixed a bug where the Furniture perk would apply incorrect amounts of Resolve.
- Fixed an issue with the Poisoned Food effect killing villagers even after the Fishmen Outpost was removed.
- Fixed a bug where the sacrifice wouldn’t turn off automatically after getting a sacrifice block effect.
- Fixed a bug where the Makeshift Hearth would decrease Hostility even if there was no Firekeeper assigned.
- Fixed a bug where some ruined buildings would require Simple Tools twice.
- The Discord button in the main menu now correctly redirects to the Discord server.
- Fixed an issue where ruins of buildings using Fertile Soil could spawn without it underneath.
- Corrected the housing slot number in the Mammal Habitat description.
- The tooltip for the Frustrated seasonal effect was changed to more accurately describe what it’s doing.
- Fixed some icon inconsistencies between different elements of the UI.
- Removed incorrect resource rewards from the Trade Block modifier.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect worker slots were shown in a building preview.
- Fixed an issue with the Prosperous Settlement perk incorrectly applying the Wealth effect.
- Fixed a bug with villager profession names not being localized.
- Fixed a lot of typos and incorrect texts (like the Paved Road or Gift from the Woods descriptions).
- Changed the mushroom textures in resource nodes.
- Bloom post-processing effect removed.
- Improved value rounding for percentage-based effects.
- The Gift from the Woods effect was temporarily disabled, as we look for a way to fix it.
Also, you can always track the progress of reported issues on our public bug tracker:
OUT NOW IN EARLY ACCESS!
Against the Storm is out now in Early Access. Build cities inhabited by intelligent Beavers, Lizards, and Humans in a roguelite city builder in which it never stops raining!
If you enjoyed the trailer, give it a thumbs up and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more gameplay.
Don’t miss the chance to get Against the Storm with a 10% launch discount (and save additional $10 with Epic Coupon):
May the storm be gentle on you,
The current Early Access version is: 0.10.2R
Dear Viceroys! The third major Early Access update is out now! Enjoy all the new features, including: New biome Orders generation system Resolve...
Dear Viceroys! We would love to include your feedback in the earlier stages of Early Access Updates development. Therefore, we released the...
Dear Viceroys! We present to you the second Early Access update. While it might not seem so plentiful with content as the previous one, we added...