The results are in! Huge thanks to everyone who participated. We really appreciate that you took the time to share your screenshots. We know it sounds super cheesy, but we really had a tough nut to crack. You made the Scorched Queen proud.
Without further ado, here are the winners in each category:
- The Return of fob
Congratulations! We will contact each winner soon and hand the keys shortly after the game’s release.
Join our Discord to watch the full gallery:
We will pick our favorite screenshots from 20 contestants in 4 categories:
- 5x Impressive
- 5x Funny
- 5x Cozy
- 5x Unique
and reward them with the Against the Storm full game key.
If you submit more than two screenshots, only the two latest submissions will be taken into account.
Do you have any tips?
- You can press “U” to hide the User Interface. Then press “Esc” to bring it back.
- You can use the Discord search bar to find and remove your unwanted submissions.
- We like all kinds of cities. They can be spectacularly large or tiny and scattered on glades. They can be designed ridiculously or with grace.
How much time do I have?
You have time until August 13, 2021 to upload your screenshots on the Discord channel. We will then select and announce the winners by August 27. They will receive the full game keys after the game launches on Epic Games Store.
Please check the full Terms & Conditions below for more information. You can also reach out to us on Discord.
Have fun playing the demo and designing your cities. Fingers crossed!
Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL
NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Organizer: The Organizer of the Against the Storm Screenshot Contest (“Contest”, “Screenshot Contest”) is Eremite Games sp. z o.o., ul. Hermanowska 6A, 54-314 Wroclaw, Poland (“Organizer”, “Eremite Games”, “we”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to players of the Against the Storm Demo who are at least thirteen (13) years of age as of the start of the Contest Period (“Entrants”, “you”). The Contest is open for Contestants all around the world. Any Entrant that is under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence must have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Contest and must provide evidence of such permission to the Organizer in whatever form required if requested by the Organizer. This Contest is open to individuals only. No team entries are permitted in this Contest. Employees of Eremite Games, its affiliates, the immediate family of any such person, or those with whom such person(s) are domiciled, are not eligible to participate. The Contest is void where prohibited.
- Timing: The Contest begins at the time the Contest is announced on the Organizer’s website (https://eremitegames.com/, “Website”) and ends on August 13, 2021 at 11:59:59pm UTC (“Contest Period”). Following the Contest end, the Eremite Games Judges will select and announce the winners of the contest by August 27, 2021.
- How to Enter: During the Contest Period, join the Against the Storm Discord Server (https://discord.com/invite/2HfJGQG), and upload the screenshots (“Entries”) taken in the Against the Storm Demo to the #screenshot-contest-entries channel (https://discord.gg/tFajB4wsVc). By uploading your Entry, you agree that it conforms to the Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below and that the Organizer, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Entry fails to conform to the Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions.
- Entry Guidelines: Entries must be submitted directly to the channel as graphic files (not links to a Hosting site). The Entries must be taken in the Against the Storm Demo and can’t be edited or enhanced via photo editing software.
- Content Restrictions: Entries submitted in this Contest must not contain any pornography, or other illicit, illegal, defamatory, morally offensive, or obscene content, as determined by the Organizer in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entry containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to drugs, or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal, inappropriate or prohibited material. Any Entry that incorporates prohibited content, including but not limited to, third party creations, trademarks, names, or other third party property(ies), or the work of creative consultants, or the entrant’s likeness, or the likenesses of any other real-life individuals, or any content that is pornographic, illicit, or otherwise in Organizer’s sole and absolute discretion violates the above Guidelines and/or is not in compliance with these Terms & Conditions, may not be accepted for entry and may not be eligible to win any prize in this Contest. By entering, Entrants warrant their Entries do not contain any third-party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party.
- Entry Limitations: Entrants are allowed to submit an unlimited number of Entries, however only the two newest ones as of August 13 at 23:59:59 UTC will be considered Contest Entries. The Organizer accepts no responsibility or liability: (i) for any entries or responses sent to the Organizer not received for any reason, especially any technical malfunctions, errors, delays, communication line or network failures, regardless of cause, as well as a malfunction regarding any equipment, devices, operating systems, servers, or regarding Internet providers (in particular inaccessibility), (ii) incorrect or inaccurate information provided by the contestant, (iii) any unauthorized access or other actions leading to an alteration of any entries or responses sent to the Organizer.
- Eremite Games Ownership of Entries: All Entries submitted by Entrants become the property of Eremite Games upon submission. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Eremite Games will own all rights to use, modify, and make derivative works of Entries, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity.
- Selection of the Winners: The Contest will have up to 20 winners (“Winners”). The Winners of the Contest will be determined by a panel of judges (“Judges”) appointed by the Organizer. The Judges will review each of the eligible Entries that are properly submitted, and then rank the Entries based upon their own criteria. The 20 top-ranked Entries, as determined by the Judges at their sole discretion, will be the Winners of the Contest. The Organizer’s determination of the Winners is final and binding and not subject to review or appeal. The Winners will be announced by the Sponsor on the Website by August 27, 2021.
- Prizes: 20 Winners, 1 Against the Storm full game Epic Games Store = value: $20. Total value = $400. Limit: one prize per person. No cash or other substitution is allowed except by the Organizer who may substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value, as determined by the Organizer in its sole discretion.
- Prize Delivery: The Winners will be announced by the Sponsor on the Website by August 27, 2021. Winners will be contacted on Discord and receive their Prizes along with instructions concerning the collection of the Prize via Discord.
- Taxes: A prize (or part thereof) is not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winners are responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Winners will be responsible for payment and reporting of all applicable taxes associated with the receipt and usage of a prize. The Organizer may report the receipt of any prize to the appropriate federal, state, or local taxing agency(ies).
- Reservation of Rights by the Organizer: The Organizer reserves the right, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Organizer’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If this Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by applicable law, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made Organizer reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction: The Contest and these terms and conditions will be governed by Polish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Poland.
If you have any questions or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.