You asked for an additional challenge and we’re happy to deliver. The new hardcore map will test your management finesse and the no-pause modifier will make you wish you didn’t drink this much water before playing.
Cursed Woodlands – hardcore map
This cursed area of the Royal Woodlands is haunted by the lost souls of warriors who fell during the Great Civil War. The Storm is especially dangerous there and the forest is more hostile than anywhere else. The Scorched Queen will handsomely reward any Viceroy brave enough to settle this part of the world.
The Cursed Woodlands certainly deserve their eerie reputation. The sun rays don’t reach the village during Clearance and the forest fog carries the souls of the dead.
There are two Cursed Woodlands tiles on the World Map in the demo. The one located to the northwest of the Smouldering City is additionally affected by the Faulty Instruments modifier.
Faulty Instruments – no-pause modifier
This special map modifier disables the pause option on all adjacent maps. This is an ultimate challenge for all madcap Viceroys who want to impress the Scorched Queen.
You can find the full list of changes below.
⚡ – indicates a change inspired by community feedback.
- ⚡ New biome on the World Map – Cursed Woodlands
- ⚡ New Map modifier – Faulty Instruments which disables the pause option
- ⚡ Rain Collector is now one of the Essential Buildings and is part of the first upgrade in the Smouldering City (Library level 1)
- ⚡ Pottery rebalanced – it should be much easier to roll out the Ale or Wine production chain
- Added button to open Trade Routes in the Trader panel
- ⚡ Increased the ingredients visibility inrecipes – it should now be more clear that ingredients can be changed in a given recipe
- ⚡ Blueprints’ Reroll price now increases linearly
- ⚡ Increased the text size in the Order popup
- ⚡ Various text fixes
- ⚡ Fixed an issue whereby Orders Icon would stay highlighted after opening the popup with new orders
- ⚡ Fixed an issue whereby villagers would freeze after working near the map’s edge
- ⚡ Fixed an issue whereby the Building Icon tooltip would remain visible if the icon disappeared when Tooltip was shown
- ⚡ Fixed an issue whereby the Trader panel would resume time even if the player paused the game before opening it
- ⚡ Corrected Ancient Shrine’s requirements
- ⚡ It is no longer possible to lose Tutorial 1 during the first Storm by assigning Human or Beaver as the Firekeeper
- ⚡ Storage and Makeshift Hearth are no longer available in the first tutorial map
The current Demo version number is: 0.8.23R
How do you like the new changes? Let us know on Discord!
With 15 out of 16 changes in this update being inspired by your suggestions, I think we made it clear we love your feedback. So please continue sharing your impressions with us!
This is the kind of workflow you can expect from us during the early access. So if you haven’t done it already, add the game to your Epic Games Store wishlist and join us on the early access launch later this year.
Have fun playing the demo and help us spread the word about the game to people who might enjoy it.
May the storm be gentle on you,
Luke & Eremite Games
Greetings Viceroys! In the last Experimental Update, we attempted to give houses more meaning by changing the way villagers fulfill their needs. The...
Greetings Viceroys! The time has come for what it’s widely known as Update 18 aka Homecoming Update. This astonishingly hilarious pun is a reference...
Greetings Viceroys! In this Experimental Update (Early Access v0.27.5E), we want to try out something new with villager routines and the way need...